Mt Kare Data
Nearby Location News
Positive PEA for Kora gold deposit 2016-10-18
A Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) on the Kora gold deposit at K92 Mining’s Kainantu Gold Project in Papua New Guinea has delivered positive results. Kora and the Irumafimpa deposit, where operations recently recommenced, comprise the Kainantu project.
K92 Mining Announces Results of Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) on Its Kora Deposit 2016-10-13
- positive cash flow of US$558 million over 9 years, an Internal Rate of Return (IRR) of 113% and achieve an NPV5 of US$415 million
- 400,000 tonnes per annum (108,000 Au Eq per annum) over a 9 year period with cash costs of US$547/oz AuEq and all in sustaining costs (AISC) of US$619/oz AuEq
- Treatment of 3.2 Million tonnes @ 7.1 g/t Au, 25 g/t Ag & 1.7% Cu (9.3 g/t Au Eq(i)) over the 9 years
- Initial Capital Cost of US$13.84 Million
K92 Mining Commences Gold Production at Kainantu Gold Mine 2016-10-05
- K92 Process Mill has Successfully Treated the First Batch of Underground Ore Delivered from Irumafimpa, With Concentrate Now Produced
- Concentrate Shipment Deliveries Anticipated to Start Nov 2016
- Gold Production at Irumafimpa Will Ramp Up to Steady State Operations, Reaching an Annualised Production Rate of 52,000 Au Per Annum, Over Coming Months
Production under way at Kainantu project 2016-10-05
Gold production has commenced from the Irumafimpa deposit of K92 Mining’s Kainantu Gold project in Papua New Guinea. The rehabilitated mine, process plant and associated infrastructure has successfully treated the first batch of underground ore.
Harmony buys Hidden Valley from Newcrest 2016-09-19Australian gold miner Newcrest Mining has agreed to sell its half of the Hidden Valley mine, in Papua New Guinea, to its South African joint venture (JV) partner Harmony Gold. Harmony will buy the 50% interest in the Hidden Valley JV for a cash consideration of $1, the companies announced on Monday.
Mt Kare Information
General 2015-05-10Papua New Guinea (PNG), has the world's greatest concentration of world-class gold and copper deposits. In the Mt Kare project Indochine owns a major gold resource, which has had prior expenditure of approximately A$60million, including 365 drill holes. An initial JORC - compliant Mineral Resource Statement for the Mt Kare Gold Project was released in December 2011 with 2.1 million ounces gold equivalent or 1.8 million ounces gold. The deposit lies 15 kilometres southwest of Barrick's 28 million ounce Porgera gold mine, which produces over 500,000 ounces of gold per year.