Test Heading
and a description here

Lubambe Data

Lubambe Information

  • General 2015-05-10
    Lubambe (previously Konkola North) copper mine, which includes an underground mine, plant and related infrastructure. TEAL (our 50/50 joint venture with ARM) has an 80% stake inLubambe. Zambia Consolidated Copper Mines Investment Holding PLC Ltd. holds the remaining (20%) stake.

Related News

  • Botswana pulls out of $279m Norilsk Nickel mine deal 2016-10-11
    Botswana withdrew its decision to buy a 50% stake in South Africa’s Nkomati mine from OAO GMK Norilsk Nickel because it can’t afford the price tag of just under P3-billion ($279-million). “The kind of situation we are in, where’s that money going to come from,” Khaulani Fichani, chairman of state-owned BCL, told reporters in Gaborone, Botswana’s capital. BCL is now being managed by a liquidator.
  • IFC close to $2.7bn debt refinancing for Mozambique's Nacala railway 2016-10-07
    The International Finance Corporation, part of the World Bank, expects to close a $2.7-billion debt refinancing for the Nacala Corridor railway project in Mozambique early next year, a senior IFC official said on Friday. The refinancing could help to ease balance sheet pressure on Brazilian miner Vale which is developing the railway and a coal mine in the region.
  • Vale says rail delay limits new iron-ore mine output to 75mt 2016-09-20
    Brazil's Vale said on Monday output from its new S11D iron-ore mine in the Amazon region will be limited to 83 percent of full capacity as efforts to preserve cash and limit transport disruptions crimp a needed railway expansion. The $14.3 billion project, Vale's biggest-ever investment, was widely expected to produce up to 90 million metric tonnes a year of iron-ore - the key ingredient in steelmaking - after a two-year ramp-up scheduled to begin by year-end.
  • Vale says rail delay limits new iron mine output to 75m tonnes 2016-09-20
    Brazil's Vale said on Monday output from its new S11D iron-ore mine in the Amazon region will be limited to 83 percent of full capacity as efforts to preserve cash and limit transport disruptions crimp a needed railway expansion. The $14.3 billion project, Vale's biggest-ever investment, was widely expected to produce up to 90 million metric tonnes a year of iron-ore - the key ingredient in steelmaking - after a two-year ramp-up scheduled to begin by year-end.
  • Brazil grants Vale licence for Amazon iron-ore mine rail branch 2016-09-17
    Brazil granted Vale a ten-year licence to operate a 101-km branch line connecting its $14.3-billion S11D iron-ore mine project in the Amazon jungle to the Carajas Railway, the company said in a statement on Friday. The Carajas Railway branch will allow Vale, the world's largest iron ore exporter, to haul S11D's output to the Port of Ponta da Madeira in Sao Luis, Brasil to ships that will load the product for export.

Lubambe News

Nearby Locations

Nearby Location News

  • Vedanta’s Zambian unit's copper output remains flat 2016-04-11
    Output from London-listed Vedanta Resources’ copper unit in Zambia remained flat during the fourth quarter of the year. This emerged as the unit battled a 25% increase in power tariffs in January, which impacted negatively on the cost of production, costing the miner $3-million a month.
  • Vedanta’s Zambian unit's copper output remains flat 2016-04-11
    Output from London-listed Vedanta Resources’ copper unit in Zambia remained flat during the fourth quarter of the year. This emerged as the unit battled a 25% increase in power tariffs in January, which impacted negatively on the cost of production, costing the miner $3-million a month.
  • Vedanta’s Zambian unit's copper output remains flat 2016-04-11
    Output from London-listed Vedanta Resources’ copper unit in Zambia remained flat during the fourth quarter of the year. This emerged as the unit battled a 25% increase in power tariffs in January, which impacted negatively on the cost of production, costing the miner $3-million a month.
  • Vedanta’s Zambian unit's copper output remains flat 2016-04-11
    Output from London-listed Vedanta Resources’ copper unit in Zambia remained flat during the fourth quarter of the year. This emerged as the unit battled a 25% increase in power tariffs in January, which impacted negatively on the cost of production, costing the miner $3-million a month.

Top Mining News

  • Ecuador approves EIS for Lundin Gold’s Fruta del Norte project

  • Atalaya’s quarterly copper production doubled as Proyecto Riotinto ramp up continues

  • Aucu delivers more high grade results

  • Trevali expands high-grade Santander deposits, makes new hanging-wall discovery

  • Nordgold launches Bouly operation in Burkina Faso

Latest Mining News

  • Suva Ruda drilling update

  • Anglo American Platinum completes sale Rustenburg

?>